The Parks and Recreation Department provides recreation services to residents and guests. The department is guided by the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. The department's main functions include:
- Parks and Trails: Coordinates the development and use of the city’s 920-acre park and open space system.
- Special Facilities: Manages the city's recreational facilities, including:
- Programming: Provides a wide range of recreation and sports programs for youth, adults and older active adults.
- Sports Associations: Works closely with the city's 11 affiliated youth sports associations, three adult sports leagues and two town baseball teams.
- Inclusion Services: Coordinates city efforts to ensure that all city programs, services and facilities are barrier-free for individuals with disabilities or special needs.
- Community Center & Ice Arena Progress
Check out photos of construction progress on the new Shakopee Ice Arena and Community Center remodeling. Photos are periodically added to the album.
Contains 115 Photo(s)
- Community Center Grand Re-Opening 2017
We celebrated the completion of the Community Center renovation project with a grand re-opening event Sept. 10, 2017.
Contains 18 Photo(s)
- Easter Egg Hunt 2017
Hundreds of kids participated in the city's annual Easter Egg Hunt April 8. The hunt is sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Department and Shakopee Jaycees.
Contains 20 Photo(s)