The Finance Department is responsible for providing a variety of services to support the financial well-being of the City of Shakopee through collaboration with City Council and city departments.
- Planning the city’s operating and capital budgets
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Cash management
- Financial reporting
- Special assessments
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Audit compliance and preparation
- Debt management and issuance
- Coordination with Economic Development Authority, Economic Development Advisory Committee and Planning Commission to ensure business subsidy requests and financial assistance are properly modeled and documented
- Management of insurance coverage and determination of policy accuracy through the League of Minnesota Cities Insurance Trust
- Fire Relief Association Board representative
- Coordination with county, regional, state and other public sector entities to maintain and ensure compliance and information accuracy as required by mandates
Lodging Tax Return
Any individual, corporation, partnership, association, estate, receiver, trustee, assignee, syndicate or any other combination of individuals who furnishes for consideration lodging at a hotel, motel, rooming house, tourist court, or resort other than the renting or leasing thereof for a continuous period of 30 days or more.