We know there’s a lot to love about Shakopee, especially how our community comes together.
This year we’re looking for photos that highlight “community” in Shakopee from events to recreation to everything in between.
Sept. 1-30, 2017
Eligibility & Contest Rules
- The contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers who live, work in or go to school in Shakopee. Entries must be submitted by the original photographer.
- Limit three entries.
- City employees and their families are not eligible to participate.
- By submitting one or more photos, you agree to the terms of the city's Photographer Consent Form; a completed form is not required.
- Photos containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a signed Name/Photo Consent Form [PDF]. It is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain written permission to use the photo.
- All entries became the property of the City of Shakopee and may be used in any city material.
- Photos shall not be more than two years old and must be taken in the City of Shakopee.
- Submissions must be at least 1 MB in size with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Only digital images will be accepted (JPG, TIFF).
- Minor digital enhancements, such as cropping, are allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
How to Enter
Two ways to enter the 2017 Show Off Shakopee Photo Contest:
- Upload photos using online entry form
- Mail or drop off entry form and photos on CD or jump drive to City Hall, c/o Show Off Shakopee Photo Contest, 485 Gorman St., Shakopee MN 55379
Judging & Awards
A judging panel of city staff will evaluate the entries on subject matter, composition, clarity, lighting, artistry, technical excellence and overall impact. All decisions will be final; judges reserve the right not to award a winner.
One photo will be selected as the Grand Prize winner to receive $75; three runners-up will also be chosen with each receiving $50.
Winning photographs will be announced in the Winter 2018 Hometown Messenger. They will also be featured on the city website and at city hall.