The Public Works Department oversees the city’s infrastructure system, including streets, sanitary sewer, storm drainage and parks and trails. It consists primarily of two areas, engineering and operations.
- Planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of all city streets, the sanitary sewer system and the storm drainage system
- Maintenance of parks and trails
- Maintenance of city-owned equipment and vehicles
- Ensuring the city's natural resources are protected during the development process
- Citywide refuse and recycling system
- Building construction, maintenance and landscaping
- Implementation of Capital Improvement Program
Report a Problem
To report a maintenance issue, such as a safety concern, graffiti or pothole, please use the Service Request form or call (952) 233-9550. For after-hour maintenance emergencies, please call (952) 445-1411.