A division of the Public Works Department, the Engineering division provides civil engineering and technical services for city departments concerning the planning, design and construction of private and public works projects.
- Design, plan review and construction inspection of all public improvements, including city streets, sanitary sewer system and storm drainage system
- Creation and enforcement of design standards for street and utility construction
- Issuance of grading permits
- City surveying and mapping operations
- Traffic engineering
- Management of city’s storm water pollution prevention program