Commercial & Industrial Building Permits


A commercial construction permit is required for any new commercial or industrial building, as well as additions to and remodeling of an existing building. Normally, electrical, plumbing, heating/air-conditioning and sewer and water projects require additional permits.

Submit permit application with required attachments and fees to:

Building Inspections
129 Holmes St. S.
Shakopee, MN 55379

Questions? (952) 233-9397

Applications and Forms

Commercial Building Permit Application [PDF]

Special Structural Testing and Inspection Form [PDF]

Incomplete Commercial Submittal Notification Form [PDF]

Alternate Erosion & Sediment Control Plan Notes [PDF]: Effective January 2009, the Erosion Control Escrow is $1,000 for all residential and commercial building permits that require erosion control protection. The escrow will be collected at the time of building permit issuance.

Grading Permit Application 

Utility Permit Application

Fire Permits and Inspections: Fire Alarm Systems, Fire Sprinkler Systems and Special Hazard Fire Suppression and Detection Systems

Sanitary Sewer Service Availability Charge (SAC)

This charge is applicable to various residential, commercial, public and institutional facilities. The Metropolitan Council determines the total number of units for each facility by utilizing the most recent edition of the Metropolitan Council SAC Procedures Manual.

Information about City of Shakopee SAC fees is available in the current Fee Schedule. You can also contact the Engineering Department at (952) 233-9369.

Information about Met Council SAC fees is available on the Met Council website.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer