The Planning and Zoning Division is responsible for the review and management of development and redevelopment. The division's main functions include:
- Preparing and implementing the city’s comprehensive plan, which serves as the city's long-range guide for property development
- Administering city zoning ordinances
- Reviewing zoning and site design of current development projects
- Providing recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council on land use issues
- Issuing sign permits for external, commercial signs
Planning & Zoning Applications
Requests for zoning changes, variances, conditional use permits, subdivisions, site plans, plats, easement vacation and comprehensive plan amendments require review by the Planning Commission and approval by the City Council.