Building Inspections handles the application and enforcement of the building code and related ordinances regulating construction and alterations with in the city.
Applying for a building permit
Most building projects require permits. To apply for a new permit, please use our ePermits site. Please note:
- Many projects require a plan review, which can take up to 10 working days.
- Applications should be submitted well in advance of the scheduled starting date, especially during the summer construction season.
- Permit fees are paid when permit is issued.
- Information Required for Building Permits [PDF]
How to use ePermits & ePlans
Step-by-step ePermits Plan Review Handout [PDF]
- Go to www.ShakopeeMN.gov/epermits
- Create account.
- Select permit applying for.
- Pay plan review fee.
- You should receive an email from (DONOTREPLY@SHAKOPEEMN.GOV) ePlans with a link to planreview.shakopeemn.gov/ProjectDox
- Create account with ePlans and log in.
- Click on Drawings folder and upload drawings/plans.
- Click on Documents folder and upload permit applications or associated documents.
- Complete Applicant Upload Task in Projectflow task list.
- This will send a notification to permit coordinator that your project has been submitted.
- Wait for notifications in your email regarding your permit. You will be able to pay for your permit once it is approved and can download approved plans. You will also receive an email with your inspection card.
Questions about ePermits? Contact Permit Coordinator Gia Eley at geley@ShakopeeMN.gov or 952-233-9322 or the Building Division at 952-233-9397.
On-site inspections are required to make certain work conforms to the permit, city and state codes and plans. An experienced code official is available to answer questions concerning your project. The code official will let you know approximately how many inspections may be needed for your project.
A Shakopee code official will provide documentation when construction is completed and the code compliance is determined.
SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION
- Call 952-233-9396 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.