The calendar shows all public meetings and City of Shakopee events. Click on an event for more information. If you would like to see events for only a certain category or department, you can select it from one of the drop-down boxes below. You can also subscribe to eNotifications to receive emails about new events posted to the calendar.
Free Tax Preparation Help
- Date: 03/22/2017 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Community Center
1255 Fuller St.
Shakopee, Minnesota 55379
- Intro Text 9 a.m. to noon at Community Center; No appointments
If you are in need of help preparing your taxes, AARP will offer free income tax assistance to senior citizens and low-income families from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Feb. 8 through April 12 at the Shakopee Community Center, 1255 Fuller St. S.
Volunteer counselors will assist with basic federal and state tax returns on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments will be accepted.
Please bring the following documents:
- Photo ID, Social Security card and copies of last year’s tax returns.
- Records of last year’s income from all sources (Social Security SSA-1099, pensions, W-2 income, interest, dividends and capital gains and all 1099 forms you have received).
- Records of unemployment collected, disability income and county assistance.
- All 1095 forms and statements you have received.
- If itemizing, bring records of deductible expenses (i.e., medical, health insurance, long-term care insurance, taxes paid, mortgage interest and charitable contributions).
- Receipts or canceled checks for medical/dental expenses and any contributions you made to charity.
- Proof of bank account routing number and account number for direct deposit (blank check).
For more information about the AARP Tax-Aide Program, please call 888-AARP-NOW (888-227-7669) or visit AARP.org/taxaide.