The calendar shows all public meetings and City of Shakopee events. You can also subscribe to eNotifications to receive emails about new events posted to the calendar.
Check out our Community Calendar for more things to do in Shakopee.
Free Tax Preparation Help
- Date: 02/22/2017 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Community Center
1255 Fuller St.
Shakopee, Minnesota 55379
- Intro Text 9 a.m. to noon at Community Center; No appointments
If you are in need of help preparing your taxes, AARP will offer free income tax assistance to senior citizens and low-income families from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Feb. 8 through April 12 at the Shakopee Community Center, 1255 Fuller St. S.
Volunteer counselors will assist with basic federal and state tax returns on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments will be accepted.
Please bring the following documents:
- Photo ID, Social Security card and copies of last year’s tax returns.
- Records of last year’s income from all sources (Social Security SSA-1099, pensions, W-2 income, interest, dividends and capital gains and all 1099 forms you have received).
- Records of unemployment collected, disability income and county assistance.
- All 1095 forms and statements you have received.
- If itemizing, bring records of deductible expenses (i.e., medical, health insurance, long-term care insurance, taxes paid, mortgage interest and charitable contributions).
- Receipts or canceled checks for medical/dental expenses and any contributions you made to charity.
- Proof of bank account routing number and account number for direct deposit (blank check).
For more information about the AARP Tax-Aide Program, please call 888-AARP-NOW (888-227-7669) or visit AARP.org/taxaide.